Sunday, June 30, 2013

CK's Fashion Tip of the Month #5



Welcome to “Must Haves” part 2 of my Fashion Tips :)
Right to the point --- his month’s staple that NEEDS to be in a closet {other than jeans} is~

Vests

….so simple, yet always overlooked; which is unfortunate because this is one of the pieces that can not only make or break an outfit, but they are perfect for covering ‘problem areas’ that we ALL have.
I, myself am maybe 100lbs overweight {don’t really know cuz I don’t get on a scale unless at a Doc’s request --- personal reasons} and for people who can relate; you got just as many love handles as me :P
I had actually discovered this trade secret on my 5th solo shop {best way to learn about your body is to shop by yourself}; when I saw myself in the mirror with this on I fell in LOVE with it due to the fact that my back looked so smooth when I turned to the side, it was like I had lost 45lbs instantly!

This garment is also in fashion during all four seasons, perfect for the change in weather; and because they come in different kinds of patterns, vests are one of the best eye-catchers to have.
I have a total of 11 styles of the same concept ---- 3 ‘open’, 5 buttoned, 1 sweater and 2 ‘make-shift’.
And true to my word, one of my buttoned vests is a current trend which is ‘Flo-Mo’ {in truth, this will probably the only way I’ll EVER have this in my closet; not a big fan of this one}.
As for the ‘make-shift’ definition, mostly anything can be a vest depending on the cut of the shirt and where the seam is located; if the piece is still intact and not unraveled in any other place other than the armpit, it’s still salvageable.
Another trend I have in my closet is Hound’s Tooth blended with the colors Brown, White and Black. It’s beautiful however I noticed after a few washes, I did see that there was an enormous hole under my armpit; I still wanted to keep the shirt so what I did was cut the sleeves off and now, I receive very high compliments.

For those who are just jumping on the bandwagon of fashion~
when picking out vests for the first time, look for neutral colors like Black, Grey, White, Brown, etc.
Also, make sure that you get the next size up than want you normally wear; reason for that is because you need to BREATHE {and you do want to be able to turn in them as well}! I’m not saying that you can’t have patterns, but for novices; I would wait a bit before the attempt.
For you veterans~
and I’m assuming you know your body by now ---- some patterns aren’t made for everyone, so for the love of God; choose wisely!
If you have a body type of a meatball, then back away from the horizontal stripes.
Only have neon if you plan to be out past 12 ‘am’….NOT ‘pm’ {save that brightness for the emergency vehicles}.


That’s enough for this month, hope it’s useful for ya :D
Because of the extra segment, Tuesday’s Discussion part 1 of 2 will be push back to next week.
Being Real: Sex, Lies and Drama will update on schedule.
Don’t miss it!

Keep it Real!
C-Ya on Thursday ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment