Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ck's Fashion Tip of the Month #6



Here we go with part 3 of our “Must Haves”.
Another trick to a smoother back is this little piece called~

Jackets

There are different types out now and I’ll get to those in a moment, but I want to talk about the first part of this post which is the LENGTH of them.
The reason why I say they are great to have them as staples is because just like Vests, it creates the illusion of the perfect bod {at least from behind}. However, I have noticed that the jackets most people have cover one of the best assets on any person’s body; and we can’t have that if that’s your most flattering part ;)
My advice for the people who want to show off their ‘biscuits’ is to find the kind that stop at the waist. Those types are always in style and are still appropriate for all ages, short or long-sleeved. That length hides the love handles while you work on sculpting them plus extenuates you waist and rear, so make sure you have it hanging in your closet.
Those who have a straight figure, ones that have it down at the buttocks or the knees can give you the elegance and flare you want with a hint of mystery. Some of us are more endowed than others, but with this type of jacket; it can be a life-saver for those who aren’t stacking in the back.
Lastly, for the tall people in the world; lean towards the ones that stop at the upper calves. I know it can be tough to find articles of clothing that can shrink your height and look sassy all in one shot ---- these will create your own version of “breaking action”; as well as bring your wardrobe to a new level. Have an all-black or brown with a hint of gold flex in your arsenal and you’ll rock the club next time.

And now for the second part ---- the patterns.
Again, if you’re a beginner; go for the neutral colors. You can have them for dress style, pleather type or the jean scene. All of those are acceptable. Once you figure out which color suits your skin tone, it becomes easier to choose the appropriate patterns; but for right now {if you MUST} stick to a black-and-white print. When I was a novice, I learned quickly that Yellow and Orange were the least compatible next to my natural coloring….
And it was all thanks to having a Black-and-White checkered dress jacket while trying on different camisoles and undershirts.

For the veterans of fashion, I’m repeating what I had said on one of my “WTF?!” posts~
If you have more than two (2) colors in your jacket, pick the color LEAST repeated or seen.
I have no doubt that you have chosen the best tones for your closet, but even a Fashionista like me needs a reminder every now and again.
This logic can be used for the undershirt, t-shirts, jeans, dress pants AND skirts {for an example, revisit #6 on my Fashion Tip page}!

Hope this month’s Tip guides you through your next urge of ‘Retail Therapy’.
Make sure to keep an eye out for part 4 :D

ALWAYS keep it real!   

No comments:

Post a Comment